Officially opened in 1937, the hospital was named after Queen Mary, widow of King George V of England. The facility has since undergone several extensions, bringing the capacity up to 1,700 beds. It provides medical and surgical services to domestic patients and medical tourists alike.
Founded in 1929, the original building was destroyed in World War 2, before the present site was opened in 1960. This relatively small, 150 bed facility operates as a non-profit hospital in Hong Kong, offering excellent value to domestic patients and medical tourists alike.