With over 3 million inhabitants, Dubai is the most populous city in the United Arab Emirates. It is a global city and a business hub of the Middle East. The city is widely known to be glamorous and luxurious and it is also known to have a wide variety of internationally accredited medical facilities. The medical centers in Dubai offer a wide range of treatments, from non-invasive cosmetic treatment to major surgeries. Most medical tourists travel for Plastic Surgery, Orthopedics, Dermatology, and Ophthalmology. Due to the city’s strict quality protocols, highly qualified specialists, and the best medical technology, Dubai has become one of the world’s fastest-growing medical tourism hubs. Dubai Health Authority (DHA) plans to draw 500,000 annual international medical tourists to the city by 2020.
Dubai has numerous fascinating sights to see. The most popular attraction is the magnificent Burj Khalifa, which is a remarkable feat of architecture and engineering. At 828m, it is the world’s tallest building. Tourists can enjoy spectacular views from its two observation deck on the 124th and 148th floors. The city is also shopping heaven, from exotic souqs to trendy shopping malls, tourists can buy anything they want here. For anyone who wants to immerse in the city’s culture and history, there are various impressive museums, including the Dubai Museum. Any adventurous tourists should try the desert safari where they can experience camel rides, sandboarding, and dining in the middle of the desert.
Dubai International Airport is one of the busiest airports in the world since it serves as a significant transit hub between Asia and Europe. The airport operates flights to over 270 destinations across the globe. To travel inside the city, tourists can choose the metro, bus, taxi, or car hire. Hailing apps such as Uber and Careem are also available.
All visitors must have a passport valid for at least six months from the date of entry. GCC citizens do not need a visa to enter the country. Citizens of Australia, Hong Kong, the United States, and several other countries can apply for a visa on arrival. Nationals of other countries will need to apply for a visa prior to traveling.
Dubai experiences hot temperatures all year round, with August as the hottest month. Winter is from November to April, and the average temperature is 24, the cooler weather makes it the best time to visit the city. Summer can be extremely hot, with the temperature soaring to 45°C and with very high humidity.
- Local Currency: Dirham is the local currency, and 1 USD converts to 3.67 AED.
- Money & Payments: ATMs can be found almost everywhere around the city. Credit cards are widely accepted. However, it is best to always carry some cash. Tipping is not obligatory, but it is customary in restaurants and hotels.
- Local Language: The official language is Arabic and English is widely spoken here.
- Local Culture and Religion: Islam is the official religion, but the population is free to follow any religion. It is important to wear simple conservative clothes to respect the local traditions.
- Public holidays: The city has several major holidays such as Eid Al-Fitr, Eid Al-Adha, and UAE’s National Day.